• Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @astronaut_hs

• Yearbooks on Sale Now! $80 Room 131

A Chorus Line

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Chorus Line

Jessie Blackburn, 10, Editor

This upcoming week on April 23rd our school is showcasing “A Chorus Line” a play by James Kirkwood Jr. and Nicholas Dante.

Mr. Kanter held auditions during early December in the auditorium and students such as junior Sean Meyers got the part they wanted. “I auditioned for the role of Zach the director because he’s one of my dream roles. I love the humor in this play, I recommend it to anyone who loves comedy and a quality performance”, Sean said.

Tickets cost $5 for students and general admission is $10. People can get them during power hour in the cafeteria. Students will also get a slip from their fifth block teacher that needs to be signed by their first three teachers and will only be excused for their first three classes.

When asked about why she auditioned sophomore Bryanna Cherubini said ”I auditioned because I love musical theatre and “A Chorus Line” is one of my favorite musicals of all time. I love how it’s realistic and I can relate to the characters. I highly recommend this musical to people because even if you don’t like theatre it’s still a great experience and we put a lot of hard work into it. I would love for people to see it”, Bryanna said.

“A Chorus Line” is about people who are competing to get a job in the performing business. Four males and females will be picked as the winners. “This is a show that most high schools never get the chance to do because it requires such extensive dancing. This year Mr. Coppola and I knew that we had a group of talented musical theatre triple threats so we could do it. I cannot wait for students to see how explosive, meaningful, and exciting their peers’ performances are”, Mr. Kanter said.